A Bit of an Introduction

Welcome to my Instructional Technology Blog! This particular blog was initialized as a requirement of my EDUC2201 course. I'm very new to the concept of blogging, so I am looking forward to all that I will learn throughout this semester. I'm currently an Elementary Education major; however, I would ultimately like to teach education courses on a collegiate level. Whether I end up in an elementary or college class, I will need to have a good grasp on the technology available to me as an educator. I hope to gain that necessary knowledge from this course so that I will be more readily able to offer my students helpful technological tools to enhance their learning.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Webquest

Two best Webquests: John Wilkes Booth & Creative Encounters

Overall, we came to the conclusion that John Wilkes Booth and Creative Encounters encorporated most of the ideals that all four roles were looking for. They were both technologically helpful and included links and resources. Both required a higher-level thinking and collaboration/teamwork. Also, both were time efficient and gave a deep understanding of the topic at hand.

Two worst Webquests: Landfills & Poetry of War

These two webquests lacked web use and researching. They also did not have much collaboration. They were very time consuming. While they are good assignments that could be used in the classroom, using webquest doesn't offer much of an advantage over a worksheet in a classroom.

Best, to us, means that the webquest met most of the criteria described in each of the 4 roles we took while reading. Worst, though they were not bad assignments, means that they did not reflect the ideals represented as a whole for the learner.

No comments:

Post a Comment