A Bit of an Introduction

Welcome to my Instructional Technology Blog! This particular blog was initialized as a requirement of my EDUC2201 course. I'm very new to the concept of blogging, so I am looking forward to all that I will learn throughout this semester. I'm currently an Elementary Education major; however, I would ultimately like to teach education courses on a collegiate level. Whether I end up in an elementary or college class, I will need to have a good grasp on the technology available to me as an educator. I hope to gain that necessary knowledge from this course so that I will be more readily able to offer my students helpful technological tools to enhance their learning.

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Webquest Changes

Web Quest to be used for changes: Time Before Time Travel Agency

This webquest is already very organized and set up in a student friendly manner. There some changes I would make. They will be organized according to section:

Overall Asthetics:
navigation/flow: I might try to find a way to link the pages without having to click on the sides. this will add more easy to navigating the webquest as a whole.

Introduction:

motivational effectiveness: the intro. is not very lengthy. I will probably add a little bit of creative encouragement to try to captivate the students' interest better with the initial paragraph.

cognitive effectiveness: the introduction does not particularly build upon students' prior knowledge. It somewhat gives an overview of what they will be encountering with this project, but I think that could be explained in slightly more detail so they will have a better understanding.

resources: some of the resources seem very advanced or repeat the same information. i might reduce the number of links to that the students are not overwhelmed with facts, and yet still have enough information to create their project.

1 comment:

  1. You identified some good areas for improvement! How about having students use PhotoStory to create and advertisement for their Time period to boost "tourism". That way you can make more significant changes to the WebQuest and it becomes more your own!

    ReplyDelete