A Bit of an Introduction

Welcome to my Instructional Technology Blog! This particular blog was initialized as a requirement of my EDUC2201 course. I'm very new to the concept of blogging, so I am looking forward to all that I will learn throughout this semester. I'm currently an Elementary Education major; however, I would ultimately like to teach education courses on a collegiate level. Whether I end up in an elementary or college class, I will need to have a good grasp on the technology available to me as an educator. I hope to gain that necessary knowledge from this course so that I will be more readily able to offer my students helpful technological tools to enhance their learning.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Scratch

After looking through several different projects in the Elementary Education section, I found a project that helps beginners with addition. To view this project click here. This project uses simple keyboarding skills (up and down arrows) to compute math problems using addition. The project uses bright colors, a talking dog (who will add interest to the activity to keep kids excited about the "game"), and animation/sounds to engage the students. This project is nicely done, but could encorporate other types of math problems such as subtraction and even multiplication/division for more advanced students. Creating a project similar to this one would be useful in a future classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment